CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Taper Madness

A week and a day to go---that's it---and I already have the worse case of 'taper madness'. My knee started hurting out of nowhere and I just don't feel prepared. My mileage has decreased so much, I'm afraid I am going to forget how to find my running groove on race day. What if my flight is cancelled? What if I twist my ankle or catch a cold from one of my little third graders this week? I have already started checking weather.com at least twice a day (so far it says race day will be mostly sunny, 69 degrees). What if it Really heats up?
Deep breaths, deep breaths. I can do this. I think I can, I think I can. :)

5 comments:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Remain calm!

You will be great. :)

Michelle said...

You will be great. Just think of all those hot young marines that will be cheering you along!!

Anne said...

It's perfectly normal, April Anne. We all go through this little anxiety attacks and honing in on errant pains. Just remember all the hard work you did and that will get you not only to the start, but the finish line as well. Good luck!!!

brent said...

don't worry, everything will go just fine. you rocked your training, your body will not forget that! meanwhile, maybe we should get you into one of those protective full-body suits until the race! :)

Joe said...

Very normal...that's why they call it "taper madness"!!!!

You are in the groove, you've done the work. Now, relax and enjoy what will be an awesome experience...enjoy the week and let the 3rd graders cheer you on!