CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Counting Down

Only two more days until the Marine Corps Marathon! Taper madness is over. I feel great and I am soo excited. My students are fully expecting to see a gold medal after the race (for some reason they think I'm running in the Olympics). :)

I bought a new pair of my exact same, perfect sneakers this past week, printed my race confirmation and packed my bag. I am ready. And....top it all, I just read there will be a 6:00 am church service for runners before the start of the race. This *could* be fate---I might meet a marine, runner, who attends church. I couldn't ask for anything more than that. My fingers are crossed. :)

Have a great weekend and happy running!

10 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

Good luck this weekend! I want to see your gold medal too.

Unknown said...

just stopping by to wish you good luck - enjoy the run!

P.O.M. said...

Good luck on the marathon! Can't wait to hear about it. Post pics too!

Joe said...

Have a marvelous run, AA, and enjoy it. And maybe meet a cool Marine, too??!!

You are an Olympian to those little kids!!

Michelle said...

aa-
have a great time!! enjoy the run it's an amazing course and good luck with finding the single, churchy, hot boddied marine. can't wait to hear the full report

Jank said...

Go, AA, go.

(Actually, hope it all went well)

Joe said...

You rock, AA!! 4:13:24 is a great time on this course!! Hope you enjoyed it all the way, look forward to the full report!!!

David said...

Outstanding AA. The weather cleared just enough to make it a nice run. If memory serves, the medal is gold so the kids will be excited.

Liz Chapman said...

HI! I just got your comment on my blog! I wish I would have known you were running and I would have cheered you on. It is a great, flat course. It looks like you did great! Was the wind bad?

brent said...

yeah april anne! i can't wait to hear how it went. how did it go?!?!?! great job.