CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Another 20-miler is history and I feel great. Sure, my legs were sore for the last few miles, but overall I wouldn't change a thing. I felt so good after the run, I couldn't even sleep (unlike the 5 hour 'nap' I took after my bad 17 miler). :)

I met Judy at 6:30 to drive around town and drop off food/drinks. Half an hour later we are on the road, excited about running and enjoying the perfect running weather. Our pacing was a little crazy. For the first few miles every time I looked at the pace we were either sprinting or slow as turtles. Somewhere in the middle of the run we found a good, steady pace. We placed our refuel food/drinks at just the right spots along the circle route we made. I took my last handful of Sport Beans at mile 17 and even though my legs didn't feel better, I felt like I had more energy. I think I remembered the most chi running I have ever remembered on a run. I really focused on my arms and 'the lean' (Don't you just love that part from the movie While You Were Sleeping?). Enjoy the weekend!

The Numbers
- 1 bathroom break
- 2 packs of Sport Beans
- almost 2 bottles of Gatorade
- 2 quick stops for my running partner to catch up
- 2 hours, 56 minutes, 56 seconds = one happy running girl

3 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, April Anne - your running has come so far. You're training for your THIRD marathon! I remember when you were so new at this!

Great job on the 20 miler. :)

Joe said...

Solid, solid run, AA...very nice run!!!

P.O.M. said...

Way to go. Awesome times! Nothing like a great run to remind us why we do this!