CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 08, 2007

16 Miles

Knock, Knock, Knock

I walk to my front door and turn the door knob slowly.

A man in a green uniform and large brim, brown hat is standing in front of me.

"I am a park ranger from the state park in town. Surveillance cameras caught you going to the bathroom on state land. Here is your fine and you are no longer permitted in enter the start park."

(turning beat red) "What? Are you serious? It was an emergency! I was on a 16 mile run and there was No Where to go. I'm sorry. I will never do it again."

Beep, Beep----my alarm goes off. Thankfully it was all a bad dream. It can't be good when marathon training starts slipping into your subconscious. Just 7 more weeks until the big day. I can't wait. Happy Running.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Oh my!!! That would wake you with a start!!

My wife was just asking me about such things earlier today after I got back from my long run. I simply said it was a big issue for female runners. Indeed!!

Glad the training is going well...hope the start of school is going similarly well!

Jank said...

oooh rah! Halls of Montezuma and all that.

7 weeks will be good.

David said...

Except for that start line urge I can barely imagine having a need to go with all the dehydration going on out there. I will keep an eye out for those rangers and surveillance cameras though.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

As I read that I was thinking "Oh no! What did she do?!"

Remain calm. :)

David said...

I hope those dreams haven't run you off the road! Hope school is going well.