CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 04, 2006

Hands Free Running

It amazes me how far running technology has come in the past few years. Even though I don’t have a Nike+ iPod Nano, I think I have come a long way. When I first started running I wore cotton t-shirts and shorts. I bought whatever sneakers were on sale and I carried my walkman in one hand and my Gatorade bottle in the other hand.

But now I wear dri-fit clothes, shoes that support my body type and I don’t carry anything. I have an arm band for my music and I recently ordered a fuel belt. The same fuel belt I refused to buy when training for my first marathon because I thought it was ‘too dorky’. What happened to me? :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think it falls under the work smarter not harder category. You emmitting too much effort carrying all those things along.
Now, I'm going to have to order a fuel belt if you and Di have them!!

David said...

Less is more is still my mantra but it requires team work or some pretty serious pre-planning for stashing fuel along the route.