CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Saturdays long run was relatively uneventful. I was supposed to meet Dianna, Michelle and the wac runners at 6:30 but I overslept, so I met them at the turn-around point and ended up running the last few miles on my own. It was hot and sunny, which made me slow as a turtle, but it was a good run, because I love the heat. I had a few stops along the way: 2 for the bathroom, at least 3 to refuel and 1 at the top of a hill.

I tried a GU Energy Gel and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. Had it not been for Dianna standing next to me, I would have immediately spit it out. The taste was bad, but the texture was even worse. I think I may have to try Susie's Clif Shot Blocks. Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

D said...

Hi, I just happened across your blog... I started my own about a week ago. You should try the Clif Bloks. I can't stand GU either but the Clif Bloks are all right. Also I have tried Sharkies which are kind of like fruit snacks except better.

Jessica DeLine said...

Clif Blocks are great!! much better than Gu. if you also don't like those you could try the new Jelly Bean energy beans.

brent said...

hi aa! i think the bloks are pretty good but i haven't actually tried them on a long run; the few times i've had them, i ate 3 bloks as a pre-run when out of banana's and then the last 3 after the run. i've had the sharkies and the jelly beans too but i didn't really think they did anything...they seem more like candy to me.

where's our super hero?? he's a genius at this stuff....