CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 18, 2006

~ Training has been going much better this week.

~ I am very excited about the Bluff Point race tomorrow evening. It will be fun to catch up with the RBF members and enjoy the trails.

~ I recently accepted a 5th grade teaching position (which lasts until the end of the school year and then I will job search for the fall). This means......I won't be able to comment/post as much as I would like, but I will try to keep reading blogs.

~ Life is busy, but Good! :)

6 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

Congratulations on the teaching job.

David said...

Alright! Good for you. Have fun with the feisty fifth graders. They're almost in middle school so they're probably very full of themselves this last month.
Sounds like you and Di had a heck of a long run last weekend.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Oh my, 8-year-olds. That's a rough bunch. At least they can still be distracted with stuff like art and space stuff. We had a heck of a time with them in cub scouts. I can't imagine what its like when you actually have to teach them something serious. Last time they mutinied and ran from the room!

This is why professional people like you teach in schools, and people like me do the simple things like scouts.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Oh wait. 5th grade is 10. I completely give up on the 10-year-olds.

Anonymous said...

I remember when my son, Conor (my oldest), was in 5th grade. Spring fever was BAD and he was just really starting to notice girls. REALLY notice them...and not notice the teacher trying to get him back on task. :) It seems ike a funny time of the year for you to take over. Good luck!

Oldman said...

10 year olds are such fun you'll have a blast. congrats and good luck!