CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Dangers of Trail Running

Yesterday when I went trail running I tripped on two rocks. Thankfully, I was able to catch my balance before I hit the ground. After the run I noticed a little pain in one of my toes but I thought nothing of it, UNTIL this morning. I woke up three hours before my alarm went off because of the pain. I thought I might have sprained my toe but when I looked at it, I realized it was just my toenail, that was half off and about to fall apart. Yuck! I cut the toe nail off and now the pain is nearly gone. I decided to skip my morning run and I am hoping the pain will be completely gone for my run tonight.

*Sorry for the details but this is a running blog, so anything related to running is "fair game" right? :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, if we can blog about pooping in the bushes on a long run, then running injuries are a given.

hope the toe feels better by tonight!

Liz Chapman said...

Good luck with your toe!

brent said...

youch! i just know one of these days i'm going to take a dive in the woods and scrape up my knee or something.

Dawnuella said...

Owie! Be careful AA! We don't want anything to happen to you!

How is it feeling? it must have been some wicked pain for you to wake up 3 hours early!! uy yu yi!

Hope you are doing better!

Sarah said...

Must have been something in the air! I had a pretty nasty fall myself :-) Glad you're doing okay, despite the ripped toenail! And take it easy this weekend in the heat...it's going to be toasty!

Janice @ Mom On The Run said...

Yes you aren't truly a runner unless your missing a toenail or two :) I can't wait to start losing mine again.

Anonymous said...

And the worst part about it all is that you had to wake up early to boot!