CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 27, 2005

Dragon Fly Attack

A few months ago Marshall "broke his silence" with a link to this New York Times article "Study Cautions Runners to Limit Their Water Intake". I never knew it was possible to drink too much water until I read the article. If you have the time, you should check it out.


I hope everyone survived the crazy heat over the weekend. Even though I love the heat, I did some time rescheduling for my weekend runs. On Saturday I work up early to meet Dianna and on Sunday I went running well past sunset. I attempted to outrun the heat and dragon flies!! The dragon flies were everywhere and they kept biting me. No matter how fast I ran, they followed me! Every time I ran past a house I was extremely tempted to run to the front door and beg and plead for some bug spray--but my shyness won out and I just kept running. The first thing on my shopping list for this week--Bug Spray! :)

Other than that, the running has been going well and I hoping to add a little cross training into my schedule.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got bitten by dragonfiles? How weird - I've never known 'em to go after people.

I saw a couple on one of my weekend runs through a park-ish area that had a creek. I love watching dragonflies zip around. They're so much more maneuverable than most other insects (like the plodding, but cute, bumblebee).

Jank said...

Congrats on surviving the heat! Hopefully the dragonflies won't carry you away.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I had no idea that dragonflies bit either. They do eat mosquitos though. Hundreds of them. Maybe they just were landing on you and taking a taste to see if you were edible. That's wierd. And they are kinda scary looking.

April Anne said...

Ben, I was talking to another runner at work about the bugs and he said the Dragon Flies were awful for him over the weekend too. So, I think they were dragon flies but they looked like a mix between a dragon fly and moth (not like the picture I posted, but that was the only one I could find).

Running Chick said...

Deer flies maybe?

See you tomorrow night! (if it's raining, I'll have the Jetta and not the van, fyi)

The Thinking Runner said...

I was chased by a bee the other day, wasn't moving quite fast enough to outrun it, but enough to upset its aim and therefore avoid a painful sting.

brent said...

hi. i actually started the run at about 7AM but it was one of the hottest days of the yr. a couple miles of woodchips but mostly flat open paths. thanks for the well wishes...yup it is in investments again. i hope it ends up not being so hardcore! that is how it was billed but now that i've started i'm not sure they were fibbing a little. oh well, we'll see. coaching swim lessons sounds like a great idea! i hope the training is still going great for ya. oh my, sorry for the long ramble. see ya.

brent said...

i'm so glad your training has been going well lately! woohoo! hey i think you skipped ahead on the plan! heh heh. thats not surprising though, you are such a good runner. keep up the good work... we are getting so close to The Day :-)

brent said...

hey i'm getting a lot of comments in under this one particular post of yours. hehe.

my real name is: Derek ;)