CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Addicted to Junk Food

I had a great 45 minute run today. I ran the trails surrounding the dam in town, which was a really good work out because of the uneven terrain. Of course after I finished running, I was starving because I hadn't had dinner.

Q. What was the first thing I ate after I finished running?
A. two packages of peanut m&ms and probably half a can of whip cream

What is wrong with me?!? :) I am addicted to junk food! I think I could live on chocolate and whip cream and anything else that is bad for my body for the rest of my life. I especially crave junk food after I run. I think I eat junk food because I don't have the time to prepare "healthy" meals and even if I had the time and I just don't like to cook. Plain and Simple! I would rather be doing laundry or moving furniture or watering the lawn or etc... I think you get the point. :)

Is anyone else like this or is it just me? I think I need to get the book Brent was reading, Quit Digging Your Grave with a Knife and Fork.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i think the real question is why did you have peanut m&m's and whip cream in the house?

it's easier to control your junk food eating if you're not buying the stuff in the first place. and one way to do that is make your shopping list, and shop, when you're not hungry.

replace those junk snacks with something equally as easy to eat, but healthy instead. baby carrots, pretzels, raisins, granola...

good luck, aa!

April Anne said...

Hi Jeff! The m&ms were part of a late birthday gift and the whip cream was on sale–buy one, get one free. So, now I have TWO cans in the refrigerator!! Oh No!

Jank said...

I'm with Jeff - if it doesn't come into the house, it doesn't go into the belly.

Not that I'm one to talk - my eating habits stink.

Liz Chapman said...

Ok, I totally feel the same way. And after running...I feel like I could eat sooo much, so much bad stuff.

brent said...

heh heh. i do it too, whats up with that? did you have the whip cream on top of the m&m's? :)

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Oh no, not me. I NEVER eat junk food. Nope. Not Fig Newtons, or chocolate, or leftover birthday cake, or smores, and especially not multiple packages of M&M's from the vending machine at work that cost waaaay more than they should and thank goodness I keep enough change in my desk. :)

Anonymous said...

i eat junk food (well, more junk food than normal) when i don't eat enough regular food. basically, if i have TOO much portion control i am starving (b/c we work out a lot!) and then I just eat crap...you could try eating more at meals or more healthy snacks and see if that curbs the desire for whip cream!