CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Perfect Pace

Today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it was in the 70's–perfect for running, especially for my long run of the week. I ran seven miles, at a 9 min. mile pace–exactly! Normally I am a "slave" to my stopwatch, checking it every mile. But today I only checked it once after the first mile. I found a good pace and somehow managed to maintain it. I was completely preoccupied with other thoughts. I have a lot of big decisions that I need to make relatively soon. I was thankful for the time to "relax" and think about everything on my own while spending time on the roads.

Happy Father’s Day to all the RBF fathers! I hope you have a wonderful day. I just finished wrapping my dad’s present (a pair of sneakers and a baseball hat that says Greatest Dad). Yes, I know the hat is a little cheesy, but I still think he will like it! :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great run...isn't it perfect when it all falls into place?! The pace is right, the weather is cooperating, and your mind can relax...

Dawnuella said...

AA- you got Dad sneaks and a hat? oh bother! i just got him a cd and some candy! well...i guess we'll know who his favorite daughter is this year! LOL! J/K!!!

I'm glad you had a good run and you were not a slave. That is always good. ;-) lol. corny. i know.

Keep on truckin.... YOU CAN DO IT!

brent said...

great run april anne!

ncmunchkin said...

Sounds like a perfect run. Hope you had a good time with your dad on Father's Day.

Jank said...

Cheese is good!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Heh, heh. I think cheese was a good idea, April Anne. I got my Dad David Sedaris's book "Dress Your Family in Corduoroy and Denim". Not sure if he'll like it or not.