CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Junk It Up Friday

My first week back in the "running grove" went very well. Granted my times were slow, but I felt really good. I am excited that spring is finally here and I am making running a priority in my life again.

Monday - 30 minutes - treadmill @ the gym
Tuesday - 30 minutes - roads
Wednesday - 40 minutes - roads
Thursday - 37 minutes - roads
Friday - 45 minutes - trails

As I start a new season of running I want to focus on two things this year.
1. I want to work on my running form and pacing.
2. I want to eat healthier! I think I often get confused between eating healthy and "diet eating". For example, all week long I resisted eating leftover Easter candy and junk food. As a result, my body was craving sugary, sweet candy all week and I eventually gave in. Yesterday when I got home from work, I ate 4 pieces of pizza and then several handfuls of candy. In reality, eating should be about giving your body what you crave, portioned appropriately. Had I allowed myself a piece of candy during the week when I was craving it, perhaps I wouldn’t have over done it on Friday. Let this be a lesson learned, no more Junk It Up Fridays for me!!

*Even though I will be running during the week, I have to keep my posting/commenting for weekends because of my crazy, busy schedule.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you April...getting back into the groove. I am trying too. Nothing good enough to blog, but a few times a week on the treadmill is better than nothing, right? Also, I do the same thing with eat "healthy"... I think your advice is right.... You can't deprive yourself of ALL junk...

-kia
GO April! Keep truckin'!!! I know you'll do great in your races this year!

Anonymous said...

On the road again:) Good for you. I agree with your assesesment of food. When I deprive myself totally, I always end up overdoing. Everything in moderation.

brent said...

way to be consistent. looks like an awesome week of running. woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're back on the road again! Keep up the good work, and remember -- we run so we can eat!!

Jank said...

"Pacing" is as important with food as it is with running.

And isn't it great that spring is back? Granted; I haven't been as good at using it as I should, but it's SO nice to not need a jacket and gloves to run outside.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I like that thought about healthy eating vs diet eating. Although, I know if I eat one jelly bean, I will have to eat them all! Gotta work on that.

Glad to see you running again! :)

Rachel said...

Glad you got in several days of good running! Your comments about eating are right on. I think we all need to allow ourselves small indulgences as a safety valve...

ncmunchkin said...

Yay! You're back on the road. And I'm right there with you on the eating thing. I'm trying, but apparently not hard enough.

brent said...

hi! wow that is so exciting! i'm commenting on an old post now too, so hopefully this finds its way to your inbox. its only 4 months? wow when you put it like that, sounds kinda scary. heh heh. you can do it, you are so ready for this. rock on. one week apart too, thats cool. go us, we will kick this things butt! :)