CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Highlights

~ Here are two quick running highlights from this past week. ~

1. Seeing the Boston Marathon in person was an awesome experience. My friend and I cheered from a sidewalk between mile 23 and 24. It was incredibly inspiring! Since then, I have been cosidering the thought of running in the Hartford Marathon this fall, but I still need to spend more time thinking about that possibility.
(Pictures to Come - Hopefully Soon)

2. The Running Chicks (Dianna and Michelle) and I finally met for a run, for the first time since last fall. It was great to be back on the trails and to have running partners again!

Sunday - 59 minutes, roads
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 49 minutes, trails
Wednesday - 44 minutes, trails (with the chicks)
Thursday - 37 minutes, roads
Friday - 42 minutes, trails
Saturday - rest

8 comments:

The Thinking Runner said...

Nice to hear you had fun in Boston. I've never looked at a marathon from a spectator's perspective - I didn't even go see last year's marathon in LA - at the time, I was just breaking 5 miles, and this year, I ran it. You have plenty of short races and even a half marathon under your belt - no reason you shouldn't go the full distance!

brent said...

looks like some great run this week there april anne. thats cool that you got to see the boston m! i almost wish i could watch a few marathons a month just for the inspiration factor. sounds like the full might be calling your name? i will post my 10k route...its almost all uphill! oh man, scary. :)

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I'd like to go and see a big race like that some day. Heck, I'd like to be IN a big race some day. Looks like you are definately getting the running in these days too. Do you all wear the orange hat is that just a Dianna thing?

Unknown said...

cool beans! there's nothing like watching a marathon in person to motivate you to run your own. hope you decide to run hartford! you know you've got lots of local support to lean on!

Rachel said...

that's so cool you got to see boston! new york was equally as inspiring to watch... though probably an easier race than boston with those hills!

Dawnuella said...

AprilAnne-You should DEFINITELY run this fall-Kia and i think we'd even come home for it. We're already talking about the cool t-shirt designs we can make that say "GO APRILANNE!"
:-) he...he....

Would you ever consider the Boston Marathon for next year? just curious...

Well...i hope you had a very SPECIAL day today! :-)

Sarah said...

Hey April-Anne...I'm also considering running the Hartford marathon this fall. I only watched the Boston marathon coverage on TV, and I was definitely inspired. So, I can only imagine how seeing the race in person can make you feel :-)

Dawnuella said...

So...when are you going to update this blog girl? :-) he...he... :-)