CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Battle Against the Germs

After many weeks of surviving in the germ-infested fourth grade classroom, I finally lost the germ battle. On Thursday I left school early because I was feeling really sick. On Friday I took some cold medicine and tried to teach the best I could. It actually worked out great because I couldn’t talk in my normal "teacher" voice, so the kids had to be really quiet all day in order to hear me. :)
Needless to say, I haven’t run in three days. (Sigh) I can now take a deep breath without coughing, so things are looking brighter for tomorrow.

I hope you all have a safe, healthy week of running!

Monday-39 minutes, roads
Tuesday-30 minutes, roads
Wednesday-36 minutes, trails
Thursday, Friday, Saturday-sick

5 comments:

brent said...

get well soon, get lots of rest :)
have a good week of running and/or resting. coffee dates can be tricky eh? too bad we don't live closer! :-)

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the germs April Anne. Look how long you lasted, though!! At least we are heading into spring--feel better.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Damn. Sounds like a late winter flu bug caught you. You put up a good fight though. Get your rest if you can. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your immune system got wacked. At least you have one more bug to add to the immunity collection :)

I was just there 2 weeks ago.. Then I had to do my thesis. You'll be back in no time.

Rachel said...

Hope you feel better soon!! Don't try to run until you're definitely better.