CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 07, 2005

Slipping Further Behind

Today I withdrew from my History of China class. I love my job teaching in the 4th grade, but at the end of the day I am exhausted and I have no energy for "extra" work (beyond preparing lessons for the next day and correcting papers). Even though my decision might result in me graduating a semester later than I expected, I still believe I made the right decision.

As far as the running world goes––(sigh). I am slipping further behind which of course means my times are only getting slower as my distances are getting shorter. It is hard to believe that I had a better running pattern on vacation compared to this past week. As a result, I won’t be running in the 10 mile Merrimack River Trail Race on the 26th. As much as I want to do it, I know it would just be crazy. Oh well, there is always next year right? Good Luck RBF Merrimack Trail racers. I will be thinking about you and wishing you the best.


~ Thanks for you answers/comments on my last post. I appreciate it!

~ Hawaii pictures are on the way. I live still back in the Stone Age (with out a digital camera) so I have to get them developed in town. :)

9 comments:

Mark said...

Hang in there. I remember school days too well. You'll get through it and life will be grand.

Thanks for the comments lately too!

brent said...

ouch history of china sounds tough! you made the right decision, those little 4th graders will be very happy with your decision also! whats one more semester in the grand scheme. i wish i had one more semester :) no worries on the running, you will get that back when yer ready.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Teaching is a tough job. Work all day and then you still have work when you get home. When my wife was student teaching she was just loaded down with work all the time. Can't imagine doing it full time.

Sorry the job has got you so busy. Hope it eases up as you move along. And hey, isn't summer coming? :)

ncmunchkin said...

There's nothing wrong with an extra semester. I took an extra one and actually got to take some fun classes as well.

And hang in there with the running. It just means that when you do get to run, you appreciate it more.

Good luck!

Jank said...

One of my biggest regrets is getting done with school too quickly...

Mark said...

Hi April-Anne! I often want to respond to you comments but don't have an email address for ya. :( Anyway, thanks for the visit. I think I am actually getting more information from the POSE method than ChiRunning at the moment although that is reading pretty well also right now! :)

brent said...

hi! yeah no email :(
i hear ya on the cereal. cereal's the best. 'cept when you try to eat a whole box in a couple days, hehe.

Anonymous said...

You are wise to manage the demands on your time now. I took many extra semesters and my life turned out grand.

A said...

My wife's a teacher and it takes a lot of time and energy to be really good at it. I'm always amazed at how she keeps at it.

I had to make a similar decision with a 1/2 marathon last year. Sometimes pulling out of a race is the best thing to do.

Good luck pushing forward. I know we'll see you out on the roads again, hopefully sometime soon!