CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 15, 2004

Good Bye For Now

This will be my last post for awhile because I am feeling really overwhelmed by everything going on in my life (most evident-my slipping GPA). I feel like I don’t even have time to think any more. My goal was to run every other day until December, but I can’t even accomplish that simple goal. Despite what everybody says about “refreshing winter runs” I really do not enjoy running in freezing cold weather!! I have already sent in my December 4th race registration so I am going to try my very best to run maybe once or twice a week until then and then I will most likely “officially” give up running until the daffodils pop out of the ground in the spring. ~ Occasionally I will post a note or two just to check in with the RBF. And honestly, who knows what will happen. Maybe I will have a complete change of mind after a month and come back ready to run faster and further than ever before. But for now, I think I need some time to focus on school and other important things in my life. ~ Thanks for all your support, encouragement and inspiration. I hope you all stay safe, warm and inspired as you continue to run through the winter.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Well just hang in there! Sounds like a tough time of year for you. I'm sure you'll make it through just fine and get back to running soon, you speed demon. I'll look forward to reading about your return!

Good luck with school and the holidays.

susie said...

Sorry to hear things are overwhelming right now...but that usually means there will be upswing soon. I hope that happens for you. Try to maintain a little so the daffodil runs won't be so challenging:) Good luck!

Unknown said...

blah!

well, even if you don't post about your runs, keep us updated on how school is going so we can encourage you there as well!

good luck, aa!

brent said...

miss ya! good luck with the studies.

Mark said...

Well POOP! Seriously, this is perfectly understandable April-Anne. Take care and come back soon cuz we'll miss ya!

ncmunchkin said...

I know exactly how you feel. I remember last year at this time with the end of the semester creeping in. Good luck with school and everything else. Things will calm down before you know it. And I don't blame you for not liking cold weather running. I mean, you do live in Connecticut afterall. That's cold to me. (I'm sure no comparison to those that live in Canada though).

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Well, ya gotta set your priorities, I know. But hey, your blog is your journal right? You don't need to be running all the time to post in it. Still, don't want the grades to slip. Please post when you can and don't be a stranger. :)

Deene said...

Take care and best wishes on the academics. What a wonderful way to look forward to spring - daffodils.

CAWS Kayaker said...

Yeah I know how it is. I ran cross county my first two years at IIT then I had to quit becuause of my less then optimal GPA. It's the smart move on your part because believe me they actually look at that stuff on your transcripts!