CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Nocturnal Runner

My normal routine was thrown completely off schedule, because my boss called me into work at the last minute. After I got home from work, I ate a large dinner and bummed around (completely forgetting that I had to run). At quarter of 8 it hit me......."oh my gosh, i forgot to run today". Within two minutes, i was in my sneakers and running clothes, ready to go. It was getting really dark by the end of third mile, so I was happy to see a near full moon which provided some light.

Weather: beautiful night, warm and breezy
Miles: 4 (I'm guessing)
Time: 39.21
Results: No problems, although my pacing was way off. The first mile in the woods was a little scary so I nearly sprinted the whole time. After that, I felt drained and had to slow down significantly.

2 comments:

Jank said...

Wow - I ended up doing a night run this week, too. Kind of nice.

Michelle said...

The point is you went out and ran, regardless of when! Good for you! see you tomorrow.