CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Pacing Problems

Well...tonight's run stunk. I went out way to fast and after ten minutes it felt like I had "hit a wall". I had to slow down considerably. After that, I tried to find a consistent pace, but I couldn't. I was also upset because I had parked my car at the opposite end of the dam (with hopes of making a complete circle) and some how I got lost again. The trail I was on ended up being a dead end, so I had to turn around and head back to the car.

Sorry for all the complaining. I really should be thankful I have the ability to run at all, even when I get lost and have random pacing.

Weather: sunny, 83 degrees
Time: 37.07
Miles: ? (unmarked trails)
Results: it stunk

I'm trying to figure out the best time to have dinner and go for an evening run. This past week, I have been getting home from work at 6:45 and I've been famished. If I want to get in a decent run, I have to leave the house by 7:20, and I really don't like to eat just before I run. Maybe I'll try having a small snack before I leave for tomorrow's run and see how that works. ~ Which reminds me, I've been doing so bad with my "eat healthier" goal. I made a really good chicken meal two weeks ago and even though it was relatively easy to make, I've been lacking the motivation to make it again or try another healthy meal. Last night I had a large bowl of triscuits with salsa and an ice cream bar--for Dinner. Shame, Shame on me! On the bright side, I've given up soda and doughnuts since July 1st, which has been extremely difficult because I love Diet Coke and ever since I was a little girl, my mom would buy doughnuts for the family every Sunday before church. I still have "doughnut cravings" every Sunday morning, but I've been resisting! :)

2 comments:

Running Chick said...

Make sure we talk about FOOD during next Monday's run. I'm an expert on "crashing" while running and the RBF has been kind enough to offer great advice.

Here's some of what I've learned: Definitely have a snack before your evening run..maybe even two. Eat some oatmeal and fruit at about 5:30, at your desk. Then, when you get home, have whole wheat toast with peanut butter and/or a banana. That's what I do when I run with you on Mondays!

I also have lots of tips for pre-planning meals! We'll talk!

April Anne said...

Thanks for the advice. I can't wait until Monday. I love talking about Food! :)