CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 30, 2011

How did we meet?

Mike likes to make up stories about how we met. He usually says: a strip club, a bar, a tattoo parlor (beyond ridiculous locations if you know me at all - little Miss Conservative). The truth is that we met online on a dating website. I tried out several websites for various amounts of time. Mike used one website for a very short time before he met me. Lucky him! :) I, on the other hand, had several 'interesting' blind date experiences along the way. Mike found my profile first and contacted me. Before I responded to him, I took several days to online stalk him. I think I literally read every single facebook message he ever posted. When I finally responded to his email, he actually forgot who I was. So much for first impressions! :) Anyway, we emailed for about a week, talked on the phone for about a week and then we met in person. I will save our first date experience for a different post though.
Here are a few of my favorite sentences from Mike during the first week of communication. After reading theses, I just knew I had to get to know this guy better.
- I want a marriage like my parents: Christ centered, fun and full of life.
- My niece and nephew are amazing and I love them so much.
- I'm super extroverted.
- I have a HUGE family and holidays are always an adventure.
- I will admit I am an in the closet chick flick lover. :)
- God's grace is amazing.

2 comments:

David said...

Sounds like the beginning of a long and happy time together. And then some!

karensmith said...

Aww this is so cute. :)

college dating