CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 07, 2008

What are the chances?

A few months ago I met my friend at her house to go for a run. I parked on the edge of her driveway leaving enough room for the other two cars in the driveway to back up. After a great 6 mile run, I returned to see a huge dent in my car. My friend's husband accidentally backed into it. We ended up calling the insurance company and the damage was a little less than a 'full total'. My car was starting to show its age and giving me a few problems so soon after that... I bought a (new to me - previously owned car in good condition).

Yesterday I met my friend at her house to go for a run. I parked on the edge of her driveway leaving enough room for the other two cars in the driveway to back up. After a great 6 mile run, I returned to see (Can you see where this story is going?) a dent in my car. My running partner's husband hit it AGAIN! What are the chances? Thankfully, it is a very small--nearly unnoticeable dent, so I told them not worry about calling insurance.

So, I think my friend's husband needs glasses or I need to find a new place to park. :)
Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Joe said...

Oh no!!!!

I'd park a couple blocks away and just walk to your friend's house, AA...once burned, twice shy.

He ought to at least buy you a trip to the car wash!!!

Or buy you a new cute running outfit...let your friend pick it out and charge it on his card!!!

David said...

Stupid husband. Reverse is the most dangerous gear in a car.

I hope you learned your lesson too. At least you got a newer car the first time and taht's a good thing.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Unbelievable! Does that guy not like you or something? I mean, he totals your car the first time and then hits you again.

He totally owes you big time!

brent said...

oh wow april anne!! her husband owe's you BIG time!

Running Chick said...

um. well. do you remember the story about how i managed to back up into my friend's car TWICE?

now when she comes to visit, she parks on the lawn. sigh.