CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Three Years Later

Today is my blog-a-versary. Who would have thought three years later I would still be typing away about my running adventures (or lack there of at times). Thank you to the RBF for your encouragement and inspiration.

Today is also the day for my New Years resolutions. I started July 1st resolutions a few years ago after reading something that said, "The time to turn over a new leaf is when the leaves are full." and I took the quote literally. :)

As an update from past resolutions: I have been donut and soda free for three years (minus one slip by 'accident', but that's another story). I take a multi vitamin every day and I only drink plain ol' regular water--no more flavored or carbonated water. Sadly, I still haven't donated blood, even though its been on my list for years.

This year I really want to work on the 4 hour marathon goal and I want to cook at least one new meal a month. Honestly, I think cooking is going to be my biggest struggle. Yieks!

8 comments:

Scott said...

Remember 1 thing about cooking. Make simple things! Most people want to do big, elaborate meals. Then after you spend more time cleaning up than eating, you do not want to do that again. It is easy to make new things when they are simple! I like to have fun by limiting the number of ingredients I can use. Then when I make it again I cannot use the same ingredients. Ex. If you are going to make baked chicken, only allow yourself 3 other ingredients. Then the next time you make baked chicken, only allow three ingredients but they have to be different then the last time.
Food is truly one of our great pleasures and try to enjoy the journey as much (if not more) than the destination. Very much like running!
BTW probably 90% of our discussions at the running shop were about food. Customers used to tease us that every time they come in we were discussing food!
Happy blog-a-verssary!!!
Take care!!!

Unknown said...

woohoo! happy anniversary, aa

so...are you going to make a july 1st resolution to do speedwork in your quest for a sub 4? ;)

Joe said...

I love to give blood and drink Diet Coke all too readily...can we swap goals :-) ??

I suspect the sub 4 marathon is in your grasp, looking at your recent 10K time. Work the plan...you could well get there. Will be fun to follow along.

BTW, I really like your "training ticker" on the top of your blog...I may add one for mine!

David said...

jeff, of course, knows the road to fast times ... speedwork.

Want to pick a day to run with Billy J between the 14th and 28th?

susie said...

Hi AA! So glad I'm a part of your three year history. Maybe we'll get a chance to connect this summer? I arrive the day before David leaves:(

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Happy Blogiversary, April Anne!

And congrats on the goals. Being soda free is definately one of the best things you could do for your body. High fructose corn syrup is total poison.

Now we just gotta get you to the Red Cross to bleed some of the red stuff out of ya. :)

Jank said...

Happy, happy bloggeversary!

Soda free? I may have to give that a thought... Caffiene free? Never...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, congrats on your blog-a-versary! Congratulations on accomplishing all your goals.

I love trying new recipes. It is addicting. Once you start, you cannot stop. Or maybe it's just me. :)