CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 04, 2007

Catching Up

A Quick Review

1. The Twilight trail race was fun. I felt great, but the results still aren't posted so I'm not sure how I did. It was great to see Bill and Missy again and next year we are hoping for a sunny, warm day!


2. The 10K Memorial Day race was perfect. The results aren't posted and I didn't look at the clock in my 'tunnel vision' final sprint, but I felt fast and I'm hoping it was a PR. Judy and I both placed in our divisions and went home with trophies (no one has to know there were probably only 3 runners in each division). shhhh.... :)

3. I'm not sure what's next on the race calendar, but I have been consistently running 5-6 days a week and it feels wonderful. My knee is better, I feel like I'm getting faster (without speed workouts--hooray) and yoga classes are wonderful---life is good!

4. The wedding was beautiful (although my pictures aren't very good). Unfortunately I didn't fit into the 'perfect little black dress' like I had hoped, but I found a cute 'second place' and I have a goal to work towards for the next wedding.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the sunny, warm days!
Happy Running!

5 comments:

Jank said...

Great to see you too! I'm hoping that the lack of times posted isn't indicative of the race folding...

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Trophies! Wow! Nice job! Hope you got that PR.

David said...

You look great in your dress. The running is treating you well.

Be good. I'll be up your way in six weeks. Time to go to Arcadia again.

Eric B. said...

Hello there! Believe it or not, last weekend, I was also trying to find the results from the Woodstock 10K online. So I went on google, typed "Woodstock 10K results" and your blog came on the results. And no, I didn't find what I was looking for, but I still read your blog anyway and I really liked it.

To make a long story short, I ended up e-mailing the Rec Committee for the results and they sent them to me via an xls file. Your time was 50:56, which was good for first place in your age division and the sixth overall female (though you probably knew that). This was my first time running this race. My time sucked -- you smoked me by more than three minutes -- but I was cruising through the first five miles and staring at a time in the 49- to 50-minute range before that hill on the sixth mile had me for lunch. It was still a great race, though, and odds are I'll try to conquer it again next year.

Glad to see someone other than myself taking yoga classes to help with their running. I started in March, and even though I still can't do half of the asanas (tight, tight hamstrings), I'm still getting a lot out of my classes and feeling sharper mentally and physically.

Anyway, keep up the good work, good luck with everything, and best of luck training for your next marathon. And stay away from high school boys and take better care of your dri-fit running apparel. Hot air and an iron are always no-nos!!!

-- Eric B. (EricBen24@cox.net)

brent said...

hey there april anne. thanks for the comment! hopefully the weeks in the 40's will stay manageable. say, i have pictures of my house posted that would be cool to share (i'm too lazy to post them on my blog, plus i'm sort of keeping it separate from the "brent hopkins" one cuz its for family and friends. do you have an email address i can send the site to? if not, maybe i can pass it along to "the running chick" and she can send it to you? catch you later!
d