CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Crossing States with the RBF

Tonight I met David (his wife and son) and Bill at Arcadia Park. After a few quick hellos and introductions (David’s wife was very sweet and they are a perfect match) we hit the trails. Bill led the way through the woods as the four of us chatted about running and life. Before we knew it, we were back at the parking lot and then on to the roads, crossing the Rhode Island/Connecticut state line.

I think we came close to 5 miles. A good run and great company! I bet you are thinking, how can I meet some of the RBF members?
There is a 20k race opportunity for a Northeast RBF gathering in New Haven over Labor Day weekend. It is one of my favorite races of the year and you know all the ‘cool’ runners will be there. :)

I’m off to Pennsylvania for the weekend. I will be visiting my sister and going on a blind date. Wish me luck.
Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Mark said...

So fun! Good luck with the date!

Mark said...

that's a running skirt!

Jank said...

5.7 miles says the iPod!

Thanks yourself - it was a blast, especially trying to keep up on the way back to Rhode Island

ShoreTurtle said...

That's great. Have fun in PA this weekend.

massoman said...

have fun on the blind date.

Unknown said...

hey...how do you dress on a blind date? anyway you want! haha...oh dear. i kill myself.

have fun aa!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Jank does have the cool shirt. And David's son looks so much like him. Have fun in PA. And I'll see you in September. :)

Run for Chocolate said...

We missed you Saturday, glad you are having such a fun summer!

A said...

Sounds like fun. Makes me want to find RBF folks in the DC area.

Mmem said...

First time here:-) Sounds like a great run with great company. I've never run with anyone, sounds like a good idea.

Just saw in your sidebar that you finished a marathon, WTG!