CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Good Things Come on Saturdays

1. I ran a small, local 5k race yesterday and had a blast! It was my first race since last October, so it was fun to be caught up in 'race day spirit' again. It was a perfect day for running too, a beautiful warm, sunny day. Without the running chicks by my side I was a little unsure how to pace myself (especially for a course with a gradual decline for the first half and gradual incline for the last half). So I did what I thought was best, I thought about this post. I finished with a time of 23:17. Not a PR, but good enough for me. I actually finished first in my division so I received a medal (Shhh....I think there were only 3 or 4 runners in my division). :) After the race, I went back to the finish line with some friends to cheer for the remaining runners, mostly the adorable kids. They were so cute and I swear their final kicks were stronger than mine. I love how determined they were. They didn't have to worry about their form, they just ran as fast as their little legs would carry them, with a smile on their faces all the way to the finish line.

2. My teacher certification from the State Board of Education came in the mail yesterday.

What a day! :)

0 comments: