CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 12, 2006

The black cloud lingering above the Running Chick and A.maria headed my way too. I only ran once this past week, for no reason besides the fact that I was feeling burnt out. A.maria described it best...

knowing you have to run, not wanting to run.... but then also wanting to run...

I planned to run today. After work I had my running gear ready. I knew I needed to run, but I didn't want to do it. Instead, I sat in front of the tv, watched Oprah and ate junk. The whole time I felt guilty, yet I couldn't stop myself. Why is it so difficult for me to make good decisions? I question how I can run a marathon, when I make such poor choices--when I know the 'right' things I should be doing. I feel like a 'fake runner' because I don't take running serious enough by eating healthy, doing speed workouts or getting in my training miles. I know I will always have a passion for running, but I felt it starting to slip away this week.

I'm not looking for people to make me feel better about this funk, I just needed a place to vent. So I'm sorry for the rant, but I guess we need the bad days to really appreciate the good ones.

Heres' to wishing for the black cloud to float far, far away from the RBF.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, aa...everything has a season, and life is made up of cycles. give it time and the cloud will pass.

as for sitting in front of the tv and watching oprah, eating triscits and salsa? we're going to have to set up some sort of shock therapy...