CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 06, 2005

2 More Days!

If taper madness involves the following list, then I certainly have it! :)

- checking weather.com at least five times a day
- washing my hands ALL the time because I don’t want to get sick
- deciding to use the elevator instead of the stairs out of fear of twisting my ankle, but then thinking, What if the elevator stops and I get stuck in here for days? I better take the stairs after all! :)
- race day dreams
- making lists for everything, including what I will need on race morning and what my sister needs to put in the "supply" bag for mile 20 (after reading Jack’s post--definitely eye drops in case my contacts "fold over", along with gatorade, pretzels, gummy bears, extra socks, nail clippers, band-aids, an extra hair elastic, scissors (in case I want to cut off the pace band) and my walkman. Did I forget anything?
- questioning myself~Did I train enough? Why didn’t I do any speed work this summer? What if I don’t find my running grove on race day?
- eating way too many carbs.

I could not be more excited! This is it. Just two more days!!

Best of luck to the other racers on Saturday Dianna, Michelle, Susan, Sarah and David on Sunday.

16 comments:

Mark said...

I'm so excited for you April Anne!

Jack said...

Best of luck, we'll be cheering for ya!

Michelle said...

Yay AA!!! I can't wait! Bring on the pasta and bring on the 60F cloudy race day- that's what weather.com says right?! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know you (and everyone else) will do great :)

ShoreTurtle said...

Let the madness end! Good luck this weekend! You rock!

ncmunchkin said...

Good luck April Anne. And as far as I can tell, this freak out is normal. :-)

Lara said...

Good luck and have loads of fun!!

Liz Chapman said...

Best of Luck April Anne. I know you will kick butt! Can't wait for your wrap up after it is all over.

Oldman said...

since i don't believe in luck...God bless you in the race. Prov. 3:5-6

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

1 MORE DAY!!!!!!!

Good luck, April Anne! You will be amazing!

I must say, you have thought of everything. Time to rock!

Run, April Anne, RUN!

Danny said...

So exciting...!

Good luck tomorrow!!

:) said...

Good luck and have a great time!

Tiggs said...

rock it out AA! It will be awesome, YOU will be awesome!!

Jank said...

Mmmm, too many carbs.

Good luck! Hope the weather holds out.

Rae said...

Good luck this weekend!! You're going to kick butt. Hurry up and get the race report up, we'll all be dying to know how you did. =)

brent said...

don't worry, your running grove will find *you* and it will be a beautiful thing. have fun!!