CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

a vitamin is a vitamin, right?

I’m curious, does anyone else have a problem with spam comments on their blog? I have had my blog over a year and I have never had any problems--until yesterday. I had 4 spam comments in one day. I have no idea how that happened or what I can do about it. Any suggestions?


As far as my summer resolutions go, I haven’t been as successful as last year, but I am making a little progress. My daily vitamin goal only lasted a few days, but I going to start over. Normally I buy the cheapest generic multi-vitamins I can find. I always thought "A vitamin is a vitamin, right?" According to Neil–apparently I was wrong. Last night he persuaded me to buy a new brand of multi-vitamins, which he thinks will improve my running and be better for my body in general. Last night we headed over to Vitamin World I spent a little over $20 on one little bottle of multi-vitamins. I hope it’s worth it!

6 comments:

Jack said...

I have the spam comments coming too, just recently. They seem to come in bunches. I just got a huge one on a stock tip. I am calling them spam-ments or blams. I am not sure if there is a solution other than, of course, the delete option.

Unknown said...

blogger is supposed to handle spam comments for you, so this must be a new form of attack that they're not aware of. email them with the comments and i'm sure they'll be able to correct it.

that is, unless someone is manually entering spam comments.

you could, of course, lock it down to not allow anonymous comments.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I think someone figured out how to automate commenting by creating an account within blogger, or has been just going through blogs and commenting manually. I saw that Bex got a spam comment the other day too. Blogger would probably delete an account pretty fast once they get complaints.

Occasionally, I get spam in Wordpress but it pretty much has to be someone manually putting it in now. Hard to stop that.

Not sure about the vitamins. I think they are pretty much all the same, unless your multi didn't include something you were deficient in.

ncmunchkin said...

I was getting spam too and just decided to turn off the option to allow anonymous comments. I got 4 in one day.

KJ said...

Hi -I turned off anonymous comments by going into the "Settings" tab then into "Comments" any clicking "only registered users". Try it and see if it helps.

brent said...

awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. i haven't had the spam comments recently but i'm starting to see them more and more on other people's blogs. it seems random.