CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 21, 2005

100 Things About Me

Following the footsteps of Mark, Jon, and few other people…here’s a list of 100 random things about me.

1. I blush easily—especially when I am embarrassed.
2. I have been bitten by a dog twice (once while I was running and once as a kid).
3. I have a passport
4. … it has one stamp in it
5. While I was in Sweden I wanted a change, so I decided to get my hair cut short
6. I didn’t have a mirror in front of me while my hair was being cut
7…when I looked in the mirror I burst into tears—it was SO short.
8. My parents have been married for 32 years.
9. I have been to the opera once.
10. I tend to over pack when I go on vacation.
11. All the clothes in my closet are organized by season and then by color.
12. Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year.
13. I love it when I can smell cologne on guys.
14. I am extremely allergic to poison ivy.
15. I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter together.
16. I want to go sky diving someday
17 …and I want to see the Grand Canyon.
18. I haven’t remembered one of my dreams for a long time.
19. My favorite color is red.
20. I have seen three shooting stars.
21. I have had: 1 speeding ticket, 2 parking tickets, and one “failure to stop at a stop sign” ticket.
22. I plead innocent to all of the tickets and I got out of two of them
23. … and I am still waiting to hear back about the most recent one.
24. The only class I ever failed was Spanish I in high school.
25. I took Spanish I again in college and received an A—how did that happen?
26. For Christmas I want a pair of snow shoes.
27. I love wearing my summer sandal high heels.
28. Senior class superlative – best personality…I have no idea why because I’m generally on the shy side.
29. I love roller coasters.
30. I have been in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
31. Growing up, if I said “Oh my God” I would get a spanking
32. I quickly learned not to say it
33. …and I still don’t say it.
34. I have been a bridesmaid twice and maid of honor once.
35. My faith is very important to me.
36. Once my sister and I tried running on the same treadmill, at the same time
37…we both fell down and ended up with bruises.
38. I believed in Santa Clause until I was in kindergarten, then I asked mom if he was real and she told me the truth.
39. I hope I have children some day.
40…because I already have my first daughter’s name picked out. :)
41. I still exchange Christmas letters with my 2nd grade teacher every year.
42. I haven’t had a cavity since I was 13 years old.
43. Favorite Movie – You’ve Got Mail
44. I don’t like talking on the phone for “fun”.
45. I’m bad with directions.
46. I once spent 2 hours looking for a race that was only 45 minutes away.
47. I never write in cursive because I was forced to write in cursive every day in 4th grade.
48. I need to marry a chef because I hate cooking and I have no idea what to do in the kitchen.
49. I love the game Monopoly.
50. I can be very competitive at times.
51. I wear contacts.
52. I haven’t had a doughnut since July 1, 2004.
53. When I was a kid, I ate a doughnut every Sunday morning before heading to Sunday School.
54. I spent a summer working a children’s camp/horse ranch in New York.
55. Favorite college class – Adventure Running
56. Least favorite college class – Microeconomics
57. Longest time I have ever slept – 16 hours straight (from midnight to 4:00 the next day)
58. I don’t drink coffee, but I love the smell.
59. I have never broken a bone.
60. I’ve had to hitch hike once.
61. I have two older siblings. (Neil and Dawn)
62. My sister is my best friend.
63. I spent my first year of college at a private, Christian school in Pennsylvania.
64. I hated almost every minute I was there.
65. I never learned to whistle.
66. I am a member of Kappa Delta Pi.
67. I heart the Running Blog Family
68. … and running partners
69. I once returned a compass because I thought it was broken.
70. I later found out I had just been using it wrong.
71. Did I mention I have no sense of direction? :)
72. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was kindergarten.
73. I have a huge crush on Lance Armstrong.
74. The first time I went snorkeling I saw a fish the size of a goldfish, freaked out and ran out of the water.
75. I was a ballerina when I was in 2nd grade.
76. I wish I could dance, but I have no rhythm.
77. Currently I’m reading the book Voices from the Front Lines of Teach for America by Molly Ness
78. This past spring I totaled my parent’s car while they were away on vacation.
79. I really was born in the month of April.
80. my nick names at work – little girl and kid (can you tell everyone else is at least 15 years older than me?) :)
81. Favorite patriotic song – I’m Proud to be an American
82. All time favorite running song – It’s a Beautiful Life
83. I’m a pack rat—but an organized one.
84. I have at least 20 boxes in storage filled with meaningful “junk” and future teacher supplies. But of course it is all organized and labeled.
85. I once tried to “impress” a boy at school by wearing a lot of perfume
86 …unfortunately he was allergic to the smell and immediately had to leave the room.
87 When I was little my siblings and I would play “Cops and Robbers”
88 ….and I was usually the "bad guy" they would tie to the banister with string
89. I once went 3 days and 2 nights with only 4 hours of sleep-I never want to do that again
90. Grossest thing I’ve had to clean up – vomit from my drunken roommate
91. Favorite Sneaker - New Balance, All Terrain, 602's
92. Biggest regret – not going to my old best friend’s father’s funeral
93. I love using Instant Messenger.
94. Someday I just might be a missionary.
95. The only reason why I wanted to do this list is because I wanted a fun way to say…
96. I’m going to run a MARATHON!!! (my very first one)
97. It will be in Hartford, Connecticut on October 8th
98. I have been training for the past 11 weeks, using Hal Higdon’s novice program
99. I can’t wait for the race!! (I e-mailed a few of you awhile ago but I didn’t want to let everyone know because I was worried I might back-out or get injured. At this point, there is No Way either of those two things will happen!)
100. I made up everything on this list! Just Kidding! :) :) I can’t think of one more thing. :)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah April Anne!! I'm so glad I can share in your training.

brent said...

that was the best 100 things list i've ever read!! that was awesome. i especially like #36, 37 and 46. 96 too! wooohooo!!!! fun times.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

That's a great list, April Anne. :)

"43. Favorite Movie – You’ve Got Mail"

I love that movie too! (Ok, its mostly because its Meg Ryan, but also because she and Tom Hanks have a thing in movies).

warren said...

Ooh! Good luck on the marathon. And thanks for sharing the other 99 things, too!

Unknown said...

that was a fun read! there's lots of fun little tidbits in there that give us a very fun insight into who aa is.

i love the treadmill one. that sounds like something my sister and i would have done. and laughed about it for hours.

ShoreTurtle said...

#15. Chocolate and Peanut Butter

I agree 100%. Have you heard of PB Logo? My sister went to the Mall of America store and bought me a jar of chocolate and peanut butter together!

Lara said...

I wasn't ever allowed to say "Oh my God" either!

Awesome about the marathon!!

KJ said...

Great list!