CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 04, 2005

3...2...1...Happy New Year!

I have never followed through with January 1st New Year’s resolutions. I always found it difficult to “eat healthier” or “exercise more” in the middle of winter, as the snow was falling and all the fresh fruits and veges were hundreds of miles away in Florida and California.
Last summer I started my first year of summer resolutions inspired by Nancy Gibbs quote, “The time to turn over a new leaf is when the leaves are full”.

2004 Summer Resolutions Check Up:

1. start training for a half marathon – check
2. eat healthier – I still ate a lot of junk but I completely gave up donuts and soda for the year
3. learn how to pace myself while running – still working on it (Dianna’s gadget is very helpful. It beeps at us when we run too fast or too slow.)
4. stop stressing about the little things – it’s a process, right?

2005 Summer Resolutions
1. train for a long race this fall :)
2. eat healthier – (specifically I want to go another year without donuts or soda AND I want to add chips to the list)
3. donate blood at least once this year
4. take a vitamin everyday

What is one thing you want to accomplish this year?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list! My one thing is to finish a 100 mile race.

Good luck with your mid-year resolutions.

brent said...

i think this is a great idea.

regarding the vitamin goal: i just started taking a multi-vitamin and i'd really like to stay consistent with it to see if it makes me feel any different.

good luck with your summer goals april anne!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

One thing? I want to get the starting line of my first marathon! Just getting there is a big step for me.

Love the resolutions, April Anne. I want to get back to blood donations. Its hard when I'm in training. I need to figure out when the best time during the week is to do it.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I just found your blog. My aims for this year are modest because I've been plagued by PF over the last few years:

1 Lose 3 pounds.

2 End the year running.