CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 01, 2004

I Did It! I Did It!

When ever my little cousin completes a most difficult task, (like counting all the blocks in his toy box) :) he excitedly turns around, smiles brightly and explains, "I did it! I did it!". Well, that is what I feel like saying today. Today, I sent in my registration for the Hartford, Connecticut half marathon, scheduled for October 9th. I have never run more than a 10K race before, so I am very nervous and excited about this new challenge!

So many things have motivated me to reach this point, and in the near future I will write a post about my running history, experiences and training goals, but for today...I think I'll end this post with a quote from this weeks Time magazine by Nancy Gibbs, "The time to turn over a new leaf is when the leaves are full" Today is a beautiful day, the trees and flowers outside my window are in full bloom and the the sun is shinning. Today is the day I will "turn over a new leaf".....13 miles here I come!

Weather: sunny, low 80's
Time: 39.22
Miles: 4 miles? (I'll have to clock it next time.)
Results: I took it nice and slow and felt great!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go April! I am so proud of you. I know you can run the marathon. You inspire me to run more!
:-) kia