CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Updates

1. I registered for a half marathon at the end of February. I am not going to worry about my time for this race. I just needed some motivation to keep running during the cold winter season.


2. Another reason why I love my job is because I get to celebrate the 'less common holidays'. I had a parent of a student bring in a Ground Hog shaped cake on Friday to celebrate. How cute....
3. I took a cooking class at a unique log cabin in the middle of Rhode Island last week. I went with a few friends and we had a great time. The food was amazing! And although I'll never be able to make any of the items again because I can't pronounce or even know where to shop for half of the 'strange' ingredients to me...it was well worth the experience.

The cooking class was titled Killer Appetizers. This is what we made: Bocconcini with Red Pepper Pesto, Vegetarian Cuban Canapes, Thai Chicken Balls, Asparagus Wonton Wraps, Goi Cuon/Nime Chow (Vietnamese Salad Rolls), and Nuoc Cham.
Here is the instructor's Blog.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh! are you going to cook for us when we come out for our bike ride?

brent said...

ooohh cool, cooking! was it easy? mmm, looks good.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Yes, you can make these things again! I am absolutely sure of it! I really enjoyed having your group come to cook with me.

Michelle said...

very domestic aa!

Joe said...

That race will be here soon!!

You'll make the food for afterwards, right??!!

David said...

I hope the jeans still fit.

Blessing of the Fleet - you're on!