CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Running Blog Family! I hope you are doing well and have found time to savor with friends and family, delicious food, and happy, healthy winter runs.

The past few months have been a whirl wind of activity. In August my knee started aching, so running came to a complete stop. After ruling out Lyme Diseases and ‘early’ arthritis (what was my doctor thinking?!?) I decided to start an alternative form of therapy—with energy transfer, reflexology, and herbal oils. I still don’t know what the therapist actually did, but it worked. Part of the process including realigning my sacrum. The sacrum caused my hips to tilt, which caused my knee to be ‘off balance’ too. I guess it's true........everything really is connected. The knee pain was just a symptom of the real problem.

Back in November I jog/walked the Manchester Road Race on Thanksgiving Day with a friend from college, who just moved back into the area with her husband. Even though we didn’t train, we had a blast and are looking forward to what a little training will do to our times next year.

I have been tremendously busy with my job. Being a third grade teacher has been one the greatest gifts I have been given this year. I have a wonderful class of students. They are sweet, thoughtful, and eager to learn. My students make me laugh every day and there is no greater joy than watching ‘lightbulb’ moments or watching them help each other in class. I am proud of their accomplishments and character and love them as though they are my own children. I am blessed!

I plan on slipping in a run every now and then, but nothing serious until the flowers bloom in early spring. Until then, I wish you a very happy, healthy 2007!

7 comments:

susie said...

Merry Christmas, AA! I am so glad you love teaching and that it is as rewarding for you as you thought. (I didn't have any doubts!)
Interesting, too, about your alternative therapy. I hope you are back in fine shape for spring running.

David said...

I haven't experienced the reflexology but I gave Mrs. T a gift certificate for an hour's worth of it as a Christmas gift. With her, anything to pamper her feet is a bonus.
Blessings of the season to you and all the kids (although you won't see them for anoher week).

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hope you had a great Christmas, April Anne!

And your sacrum? Mine was misaligned too! Isn't that just a "wonderful" procedure for setting it right? :D I'm glad its all set straight again for you.

Anne said...

Great to hear that you're up and running again, April Anne. Your students are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Year!

I bet that your 3rd Graders are happy that you are teaching them too.

brent said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas April Anne!!! cool pictures, the kids look like happy little munchkins :)

here's what i ended up getting my sis this year:
http://www.candywarehouse.com/giantmintstick.html

hehe. she ended up getting me a giant calculator!!! can you believe it?? hehehehe

Jank said...

Merry (Belated) Christmas!

And, I for one, was glad you were feeling slow at New Haven!

manchester's the absolute greatest, isn't it? Insane to me that that many people turn out to run a decently far race every Thanksgiving day.