CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Let Freedom Ring!

Indulging on Chinese food last night, I had no thought of racing today. When I woke up, I had two bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and still no thoughts of racing.

I wanted to put in 5 miles today, so I called the running chicks to find out their running schedules. Since they were both planning on racing in the Boom Box One Mile Road Race, I quickly threw on my running sneakers and within five minutes I was on my way to the race (with a quick stop at a store to buy patriotic ribbon to tie around my ponytail—hey, it’s the 4th of the July after all!)

The race was uneventful and it seemed to be over before it started. I was almost passed by a runner with his dog, but I caught him at the very end and finished in 6:23. (I’m hoping that is the correct time. Online it said 6:23, but it also said I was 20 years old and that certainly isn’t true.) :)

Dianna, Michelle and I all placed in our divisions and we received little metals. What a great day!
Happy 4th of July! God Bless America!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

YUCK!!! I should have turned side ways!! I told you I looked like the marshmallow stuck between the graham crackers of a smore. Now you can see why I'm the biggy :) always have the snacks on the brain!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Congrats on taking home the hardware, AA. 6:23? Holy moley, you were smokin'! That dog never had a chance.

ShoreTurtle said...

Great time! Congrats on the medal.

I LOVE Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It's my favorite.

Anne said...

Hey, not bad for someone running with two bowlfuls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Not bad at all!

Jessica DeLine said...

congrats on placing and running a great race!

David said...

I love that you stopped on the way to buy a ribbon for your hair. That is so you.
Great time for the race. You CT RCs are so speedy.

Neese said...

yeeeeah that's great!!and the
ribbon was an excellent touch!

Nic said...

I hope you wore your medal to the post-race picnic! Congrats!