CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Adventures with the Amazing Hip

I was one of the lucky RBF members to meet Jeff aka the Amazing Hip while he was in town for the Boston Marathon. I admit, I was a little nervous when Jeff and his wife pulled into the driveway last Tuesday. You never know what to expect from ‘online’ people--Would they steal the good silver? Did they pack a gun? or an ax?....….but my nerves were quickly calmed after meeting them. We were smiling and laughing before long and when it was time to say goodbye a few days later I was sad to see them go. Jeff and his wife have a genuine heart for serving others and a positive energy that is infectious. [Don’t forget, the neighbor's house is still for sale and I think it’s calling your names.] :)

On Thursday Dianna and I went for a run with Jeff, in which I nearly died. It was difficult trying to keep up with a super hero and speedy running chick. Afterwards, Dianna hosted a lovely dinner at her house. It was fun to see Susie, Bill, Annalisa, and Michelle again. The conversation and food was excellent. I love how we all came from different backgrounds and life experiences, yet our passion for running united us.

On Monday, I met the running chicks and Warren in Boston to watch the marathon. It was another fun, exciting day. Watching the runners was incredibly inspiring. It was a lot of fun having someone to specifically cheer for this year and I’m glad we could help Susan with the blogcast.

Congratulations Jeff! I hope you will back to attack the hills in Boston again next year.

3 comments:

warren said...

Thanks for letting me tag along on Monday. I was a stranger in a strange land, and it helped to have such good company.

Unknown said...

you make me smile, aa. we really had a great time staying with you and your family!

psst...check the silver. smsmh has sticky fingers!

ShoreTurtle said...

Good for you! It sounds like you all had fun.