CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Priorities

Did you read flatman’s post from Tuesday? I am glad I'm not the only one addicted. :)

I headed back to class this past Monday which made me think about my priorities and what I hope to accomplish this semester. This semester I need to make several things a priority:
~ marathon training (which includes healthy eating)
~ grades
~ being spiritually fed (I know it sounds a little corny,but how else do you say it? Lately I feel like I have just been "skimming the surface" of my faith.)
~ trying to be a loving daughter, sister and friend

This means I need to make some changes....

I love reading the RBF blogs and I can not thank you enough for all your motivation, advice, and encouragement, but I need cut back on my blogging and commenting.

I also had to give up my mid-week run with the Running Chicks because I signed up for a Bible study. I felt like a jerk when I had to e-mail Dianna, but I should have known she would be completely understanding. Her response even made me laugh, "Don't feel guilty about feeding your spirit! That's a good thing. It's not like you joined a beer-drinking club!".

Marathon training will go on as always…and if I could study and run at the same time life would simply be perfect. :)

Here’s to wishing for a speedy semester! This is my last full semester and then a great adventure will begin—figuring out what the next chapter in my life will hold. I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer weather. I always think of Mark’s quote from last year as fall weather approaches, "For me, running in the fall is like eating chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner".

9 comments:

Jank said...

Mmmm, chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

yeah fall.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Ditto what Jank said. :)

And once again you are abandoning us! :(

Well, I suppose you are are allowed to have your own life. But I will miss your posts and comments.

Danny said...

i'm not sure if it will do the trick for you, but i bet you could find bible podcasts that you could listen to while you run.

Michelle said...

you will be missed but we still hav eour long runs!

:) said...

Hey, she said she was cutting back, not leaving all together!

Come on people! Do you really think she could just quit cold turkey!

Liz Chapman said...

I think we could all use your list of priorities...and don't feel bad about joining a Bible Study. Somehow I think that may help with your other priorities :)
I'll miss your daily posts!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

cool quote!

brent said...

hey my bloglines never picked up this feed!!! boooo! good luck april anne, hopefully you will still post here and there so we can keep in touch! i understand on the cutting back...i'm going to try to do that myself (its not working very well so far, hehe). see ya.

Oldman said...

just remember prov 3:5-6 and everything else will work itself out