CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sneakers

Here are two pictures of my beloved sneakers (please see the previous post). Yes, I know it may be a strange way to describe a pair of sneakers, but it’s true. :) I logged 702 running miles on these sneakers. They were there for me during the half marathon and for all the training runs before and after the race. They have seen many miles of muddy trails and dry roads. And like a good friend, they have supported me and led me to new opportunities. But now it is time to say good bye. I can not wear them any more because they cause blisters (and as you can see part of the traction on my right sneaker has completely worn off).
So farewell New Balance, All Terrain, 602's! You will be missed! :)

Monday - none
Tuesday - 31 minutes
Wednesday - 30 minutes
Thursday - 3.53 miles on the treadmill
Friday - none
Saturday - 45 minutes
Sunday - 45 minutes

9 comments:

brent said...

heh, cool. good-bye sneakers! you served your runner well. did you get some new ones? looks like you're logging some good mileage!

Unknown said...

RIP!

702 miles on a pair of shoes? wow. i usually retire mine after 400 miles. you got some good life out of those puppies!

Anonymous said...

Here is Susan's comment, that I delated by mistake.
"I think running shoes are much more important than I've given them credit for. I'm going to do some research and pose a question about shoes to the RBF. In the meantime, enjoy your new ones!!"

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I'd say you blasted the living daylights out of those shoes! 700 miles! Whoa!

I can't imagine how fast you are going to run when have full traction. :)

Jank said...

No need to ditch them - old running shoes become Saturday morning shoes really well!

Here's to wearing out the next pair...

Rachel said...

Sadness! Retiring a beloved pair of running shoes is a dreaded moment for me. I hope you find some you like as much as these-- I am getting annoyed lately that the shoe makers keep changing their styles so much-- hard to find one that is exactly the same as the one your feet got used to...

Anonymous said...

I think of Forrest Gump's line: Momma always said there's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been."

Sounds like you've been places (what miles!) and that you're going strong!

Anonymous said...

700+ miles?! Whoa! My shoes begin to give out around 400 miles. I have a pair with 450 that I don't want to retire but I think they are on their last legs (bad pun intended).

Enjoy your new ones!

Anonymous said...

Mine usually become mud shoes around 450-500km. Then I toss the old mud shoes. Right now I have 4 pairs - one for mud, soon to retire, one for the bike, one for kicking around and my new ones... Dawn