CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Mind over Matter

How does that expression go, "It's all mind over matter" or something like that? If you would have told me I was going to run 8 miles today, I never would have believed you, but I really did it! I think that is the longest distance I have ever run. I met a new "running buddy", Amy, at 3:30 with no great expectations, but it turned into an absolutely wonderful run. I'm still beaming right now, as I think about it. When we set off for our run, Amy asked me how far I wanted to run for, and I said I was flexible and it was up to her. (Of course her comment, "I could run forever" didn't hit me until the end of the run, when I was beat and she was still going strong--way to go Amy). :)
We ran for 5 miles at a really good pace and then took a quick ride across the road to finish up with another 3 miles, a little slower. It was my first time on the Air Line Rail Trail and I instantly fell in love with it. The trail was primarily flat and shaded, with bright green vegetation surrounding us. (And do to the fact that it rained for the past two days, it was a little adventurous running through mud puddles.) :) I can't wait to go back!

Time: 1:15.49 (this includes two times we stopped to tie shoe laces and a quick break when we tuned around when the mud started overtaking the trail)
Miles: 8
Results: a wonderful run, no pains/no problems. I can't believe how quickly the time passed, most likely because I wasn't worried about my pacing or miles or time, I was just running to enjoy a run and of course chatting with a friend make the time fly! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I agree that distance PR's are one of life's sweeter accomplishments. Before you know it, you'll be thinking that that 8 miles is nothing! (Okay, so 8 miles is never 'nothing', but comparatively speaking, you know. :) -Dani, dani@manyfires.com, http://manyfires.diaryland.com